2 December 2013

Swan study part 2. Cygnets

First of all, sorry not posting here nothing for a long time.
I've been drawing lots but somehow I didn't get them here.

Last time I drew different swan types and then I really wanted draw swanny babies :3


(Text copied from my deviantArt description: )


When they hide to parents feathers or swim in water (photos where you can't see parents) it's harder to say what swan it is, than seeing them stading (where you can see legs too)
I noticed that line between beak and head feathers is different

a)Trumpeter -, Whooper- and Tundra swan cygnets looks similar like also
b)Mute -, Black- and Black-necked swan.

a:
Whooper swan is easier to recognize because line in beak is pointing to the tip of beak the most
Trumpeter swan and Tundra swan's parents looks already similar (except Tundra swans are noticeably smaller), but Trumpeter swan cygnet's tip of beak is slightly darker than Tundra swans', also beak is more pinkish and not so cray on sides. Trumpeter swan's beak line is more saw-like  than others'.
( tell me if you know better tips to recognize them)

b:
Black swan cygnets' beak line goes to the eyes (to me this is most easiest  cygnet to recognize) 
Black-necked swan cygnet's line goes closer to the nostrils and  is wider than other swans'
Mute swan cygnets are darkest ones (in my opinion) and beak line draws straight down

Pretty much you need to look line on the beak to recognize them c:
also looking beak and leg colors together helps a little, some legs are more orange/pinkish/ brown etc.
I tried pic coloring what looked about average right
About feather colors I can't really say much yet, sometimes they are more white and sometimes dirtier


I'm not expert with this so I might as well missed something D:
tell me if you see mistakes or better tips

best way to know who's cygnet it is, is to look parent next to them xD <3

This indeed was fun experience c: ♥

Black Swan cycnets


No comments:

Post a Comment